Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ford Motor Company is one of the most trusted names when it comes to vehicles that would fit your every adventure. Their products have surpassed the other names in this industry because of the high-quality standards that they always follow. The F-150 is the best-selling truck from the Ford Motor Company.
Other vehicles like the Sedan, SUV, or the Hatchback would be good for trails, but they are not suitable when you have a lot of loads to carry. This is where Ford comes in. The Ford F-Series has varieties of light-duty and medium-duty trucks. Since the 1980s, they are considered to be the best-selling vehicles in the United States. The F-Series might be known for the full-size pickup trucks, but they also have chassis cabs and commercial vehicles.
2018 F-150: Why Is It So Special?
The F-150 which is the 13th generation F-Series is one of the most popular pickup trucks in the United States. It comes with the high-performing Ford engine, top of the line Ford Truck parts, and also complete with safety assistance. Here are the reasons why this is the top-selling truck in the U.S.
- Best Off-Road Engine. The engine has always been one of the best parts of the Ford truck, and they have a wide range of options for you to choose. This truck transports better than the others with its 3.5L Ecoboost twin-turbo V6. It gives the truck 375 horsepower and 470 pounds of torque which overpowers any pickup truck that you can find in the market these days. The F-150 is known for its towing and hauling capacity. It is built to tow anything and everything easily.
- Better Driver Assistance. Safety measures are always a priority, and the Ford truck can give you what you need. Most of their vehicles have safety features, and the F-150 has added more which includes a 360-degree camera system, a forward collision warning, check circle lane-keep assist, and also a ‘stop-and-go’ technology for pre-collision assist.
- Luxurious Comfort.When purchasing a vehicle, the outside appearance should not only be the one to consider. The interior should also be as comfortable as possible. When you have a Ford truck, you would be able to sit three to six people, depending on the trim that you choose. The company offers you cloth interior upholstery, but it can also be upgraded to leather or vinyl. If you are looking for luxury in pickup trucks, the F-150 is the best choice for you.
- Bed Length Options.The F-150 will also have different bed length options that you can choose from. They have 8-feet, 6.5-feet, and 5.5-feet options. Your choice will depend on your daily work demands.
- The Infotainment Systems. When traveling, everyone wants to be entertained, especially younger kids and music is not always effective. The F-150 truck is built with a Sync 3 system that will allow you to connect your smartphone through the Android or Apple CarPlay and easily give your passengers the access to a wireless hotspot up to 10 devices.
Tips to Help Your Truck Run Well
If you depend on your Ford truck for your day-in and day-out activities, a little bit of care and maintenance can go a long way. Each truck model will have its own unique needs but here are the most basic simple tips to help your truck to continue running like it’s new, even for the years to come.
- Oil Change Is Important. This is easy, but it is the most taken for granted task for every truck owner. To make sure that your truck has a long life, never miss an oil change. Ford recommends you to do this every 7500 miles or every six months for the 2008 and newer models.
- Rotate Your Tires.Rotating your tires every time you change oil is essential because tires also wear unevenly depending on the drivetrain of your truck. It surely depends on how you use your truck but the front tires will usually have the most wear. Rotating them will not only extend the life of your tires, but it can also ensure a smoother ride and reduce the hassle on your truck’s suspension.
- Tires Should Be Balanced and Aligned. When you have the tires rotated, also have it checked if they are balanced and aligned. They are balanced when the weight of the tire is equally distributed around its axle. Your tires can get more out of balance on every bump and potholes. When you take this for granted, it can increase the wear on your suspension.
- Fluid Levels Should Be Up. The engine oil should be checked regularly. If it is dirty or it already smells of gasoline, then it’s time for a change. The engine coolant should also be checked because truck engines can create a lot of heat and the coolant will keep them from overheating. Refill if you need to but make sure that you check your owner’s manual.
Everything you know about your truck and how to maintain it can be found in your manual. It is essential that you have a better understanding of your vehicle to make sure that it will last with you for a very long time. Like any other gadgets or appliances, they can only take so much abuse. Please ensure that you take care of your Ford truck and maintain it regularly.