Achievements allow you to distinguish yourself from the crowd of other qualified candidates who have been responsible for the same types of functions, but who have perhaps not performed as successfully as you. For example, each CEO, CFO or Sales Director is basically responsible for the same functions. What then do you use to distinguish one from the other? The answer is quite simple – ACHIEVEMENTS.
To get you started in highlighting your achievements and your contributions, consider the following sample achievements. Do any of these items sound familiar?
20 Sample Achievements for your CV / Resume Or Cover Letter:
- Increased sales by 48% across six major market segment s and despite emerging competition.
- Accelerated annual profit contributions by m ore than 28 % over previous year .
- Led the development of emerging client/ server technology , from concept through R&D and manufacturing to nationwide market launch. Created what is now a $16 million revenue center for the XYZ Corporation.
- Drove market share from 10% to 22% within first six months through transition to customer- focused selling and account management strategies .
- Identified opportunity and negotiated a strategic alliance with Uniroyal for development of on-site manufacturing and distribution operations in China.
- Orchestrated the company’s successful and profitable expansion throughout emerging international markets (e.g. , Africa, India, Middle East, Far East).
- Recruited and developed 10 sales representatives subsequently promoted to district and regional management positions.
- Architected the corporation ‘s 5-year strategic business plan that positioned XYZ for 25% + annual revenue and market growth .
- Directed s tart-up of new manufacturing venture that grew to more than $22 million in first year sales .
- Surpassed all turnaround objectives
- Structured and negotiated 12 merger s and acquisition s a s part of the corporation’s aggressive growth and corporate development initiative.
- Introduced quality circle s, implemented TQM principles and led organization to ISO 9000 certification.
- Personally negotiated $2 million capital financing transaction .
- Re-engineered all critical production planning , scheduling and manufacturing processes for a 12% reduction in annual operating costs.
- Realigned field sales organization, consolidated similar markets and reduced staffing expense by 27%.
- Conceived and implemented a team-based project design and management process, increasing on-time project delivery and significantly enhancing customer retention.
- Spearheaded acquisition and implementation of advanced robotics technologies, virtually eliminated competition and won a $15 million, 5-year contract.
- Honored as 1995 “Sales Director of the Year” (out of 25 candidates).
- Won 6 sales recognition awards, 3 over-quota sales awards and the corporation’s most prestigious leadership commendation.
- Revitalized customer service organization, recruited qualified management team, and increased customer satisfaction ratings from 76% to 98% .
NOTE: These achievements are merely representative and given to you as “food for thought” in identifying and highlighting your own career achievements. Place your focus on the value you have delivered to your previous employers and the value you bring to a new organization.